Sometimes called trenchless pipe bursting, trenchless sewer line replacement is one of the most non-invasive ways to replace an extensively damaged sewer line. When your sewage system is showing signs something is wrong with it, such as frequent clogs, improper draining, nasty smells, or septic leakage, you may need to replace your pipes. Instead of choosing an open trench sewer replacement, consider a trenchless sewer replacement for its non-invasive nature and many benefits.
What Is Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement?
A trenchless sewer line replacement refers to a service designed to replace damaged, old, and/or corroded sewer pipes by pulling a new pipe through your old line. This replacement technique is an alternative to the more traditional open trench sewer replacement, which requires a sewer technician to dig up your yard to remove the old pipe and replace it with a new one. Since this method doesn’t require extensive digging, it’s faster and much less invasive.
When Do You Need Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement Services?
Trenchless pipe bursting is often a good choice when your pipes have extensive damage and a repair would be ineffective. Since this method will destroy your old pipes and allow you to conveniently replace them with new ones, it’s an excellent choice when your old sewage system is past the point of saving.
However, a trenchless sewer repair is often a better choice when your pipes are only beginning to show wear. For example, trenchless repairs are often recommended when your pipes have subtle root intrusion or minor leaks and you want to extend their lifespan. With this method, a sewer professional will pull an epoxy-covered sleeve through your pipe, essentially creating another pipe within a pipe.
The 4 Steps of a Trenchless Sewer Replacement
If your sewer line needs replacement and you’re weighing your options, you should know how trenchless sewer replacement works. Learn more about the four steps of this sewer service below:
1. Sewer Line Inspection
When you reach out to a professional to perform a trenchless sewer replacement, the first thing they’ll do is find your sewer line and use a specialized camera to inspect it. After inserting the camera into your pipes, they’ll be able to determine how damaged your pipes are and if a trenchless sewer replacement is right for you.
2. Entry and Exit Point Digging
If the inspection reveals you need a trenchless sewer replacement, the sewage professional will find the right entry and exit locations for your new pipes. Once they identify the best locations, they’ll dig small holes to reach these entry and exit points, ensuring they do as little damage to your yard as possible.
3. Pipe Heat Fusion
Next, the sewage professional will melt multiple pipes together to create a larger pipe that matches the total length of your current sewer line. By fusing pipes together instead of using mechanical fittings, the new pipe won’t face corrosion issues that often occur when metal connectors are used.
4. Pipe Insertion
With the new pipe ready, the sewer replacement professional will place a cable in your old pipe and then pull it through. After the cable is inserted, they’ll attach the new pipe and a 5-inch bursting cone to the cable and pull them through the old pipe. The bursting cone will break the older pipe and create a large enough pathway for the new pipe to pass through. Once they’ve pulled the pipe and bursting cone through, you’ll have a working sewage piping system again!
What Are the Main Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Pipe Bursting?
Trenchless sewer pipe bursting has several benefits that make it a better choice compared to traditional sewer line replacement services. Learn more about the main advantages of sewer line replacements below:
- Long-lasting: Pipe bursting allows you to replace your old, corroded pipe with an incredibly durable new pipe. Since these new pipes are designed to last between 50 and 100 years, they’re an excellent long-term investment for your home.
- Non-invasive: With a trenches sewer line replacement, you won’t have to worry about your yard being dug up. The sewer professional will only need to dig a couple of small holes, meaning your landscaping will look just as good when the replacement is completed.
- Relatively fast: When compared to the time it takes to dig up a yard and replace a pipe, a trenchless sewer replacement is a much quicker option. Due to the trenchless method’s speed, you’ll have your sewer system working again much faster, removing much of the inconvenience of having to replace your pipes.
- Cost-effective: A traditional method of pipe replacement requires a sewer technician to dig trenches through your yard and potentially your foundation and driveway. When the pipes are replaced, you’ll have to pay to fix your yard, and you’ll have to worry about expenses related to hiring a large crew that uses heavy machinery. In contrast, a trenchless sewer replacement requires a smaller crew, minimal digging, and less machinery, translating to a lower cost.
Choose Bonney for Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement Services in Sacramento
If you’re looking for sewer service near you in Sacramento, Bonney has you covered. Our sewer professionals can quickly inspect your piping system, discuss your options, and provide a non-invasive trenchless sewer line repair or replacement, depending on your needs. We also offer other sewer services, such as drain cleaning and clog removal, to ensure all your needs are covered. Learn more about our trenchless sewer line repair and replacement services today. If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, please contact us.