Plumbing Jobs Sacramento
Does Your Water Heater Need To be Flushed?
May 11, 2016
What’s that awful noise? Is there rumbling, popping, and crackling coming from your water heater? That bubbling sound you hear could be mineral buildup at the bottom of your water heater.
It’s your water heater telling you to call Bonney Plumbing Heating and Air for a water heater sediment flush…before it’s too late!
That annoying noise isn’t the only reason to perform a water heater sediment flush.
Most manufacturers recommend flushing your water heater at least once a year, depending on your water quality. The harder the water, the more likely you’ll need a more frequent flush.
Water heaters need flushing due to sediment that sinks to the bottom of the water heater’s tank and forms a layer of insulation between the water and the burning element. This can wreak all kinds of havoc on your water heater.
What could happen if you don’t flush your water heater:
- Slows heat transfer, which can cause your water heater to overheat and deteriorate the tank.
- Lowers the energy efficiency of the tank, increasing energy bills.
- Decreases the amount of hot water the tank can hold.
- Can clog up the drain valve.
- Can contaminate your hot water with sediment impurities.
- Can cause bacteria to grow and create an unpleasant odor.
What are the benefits of flushing your water heater:
Extends its life, preserves the warranty, and helps it operate more efficiently.
Call Bonney at 800-444-0551 to prolong the life of your water heater today!